Monday, April 21, 2008

Screenplay

Dreams usually dissolve from memory seconds after you wake up. In those rare instances where something in your dream is terrifying, the dissipation slows like an old truck running out of gas on a desert highway, leaving you feeling isolated with the images of what brought forth such fear while in slumber. 

Last night, I dreamt that I saw my father in a garden. I tried to go up and talk to him but he kept walking, ignoring me as I called after him. He did not turn around and as he went further away, I could hear his voice.

"Why did you not contact me before now?"

Though his back was to me, I knew that his mouth was not moving to those words as his voice was near my ear by the time that he was physically a mile away. 

I called out to him, but nothing came out as I tried to shout. My father was at level with the toy soldier-sized trees in the horizon before he disappeared. Only when he was gone could I shout that I missed him and did not know where he was. 


No comments: